A dog in Wichita, Kansas, saved his owner by waking him up when their house caught fire, according to reports.
Tyler Revel, the man who was napping, attributes his safety to his dog, Monroe, according to the source. Revel had fallen asleep while watching football. While he was asleep, a fire broke out.
Monroe, a 6-year-old pit bull, woke up Revel by jumping onto the bed and crying for him to wake up. Once awake, Revel saw a cloud of smoke and barely made it out from the flames spreading throughout his home, according to the source.
Revel stated that without Monroe’s whimpers, he would not have woken up and or made it out of his burning home alive. Revel also has a cat named Boo, whom firefighters have yet to locate, according to reports.
Revel discussed the scary situation, stating that he has not processed the events fully yet. He is shown in a YouTube video from the news source embracing Monroe, whom he stated he is lucky to have.
Revel’s family has created a PayPal relief fund for Revel to help him with recovery expenses.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW: